The Belgian Embassy in Qatar is looking for a
FULL TIME POLYVALENT CONSULAR AND SOCIAL ASSISTANT
As a Logistics Manager:
- List work, supplies and various service needs
- Draft or help to draft specifications for works, equipment and services
- Monitor and/or contribute to monitoring public contracts (receipt and analysis of tenders, drafting of attribution reports, writing of order forms, follow-up of services, etc.).
- Contribute to the stock management of various equipment (vehicles, office equipment, technical devices, decoration, etc.)
- Keep inventories up-to-date
- Supervise works, the safety of buildings, etc.
As a consular assistant:
- Receive and examine the documents presented and complete applications
- Check the authenticity of documents if necessary
- Prepare the applications, if necessary after pre-analysis, give an initial opinion to the application's managers (or on the basis of the documents and contacts with the visitor).
- Question/guide/advise/help the applicant with procedures.
- Conduct interviews (for example, marriages of convenience)
- Monitor and/or manage consular revenue
- Register files in the software indicated and according to the rules in force.
- Prepare certificates and various acts and documents required by the applicant and issue them.
- Inform the applicant of the outcome of his application.
- Archive visa files and Belgian files and documents according to the instructions or in a logical order
- Contribute to the organisation of elections for Belgians in the host country.
- Answer questions from Belgian or foreign citizens, local authorities, honorary consulates, etc. pertaining to consular affairs
- Prepare verbal notes concerning consular matters
- Translation from Arabic notes concerning consular affairs
As a social assistant :
- Assist the Ambassador with the organization of events
- Prepare and send out different mailings
- Contacts with organisers, sponsors, suppliers, etc.
- Updating facebook page and website
General behavioral skills
- Knowledge of one of the national languages (Dutch or French) of Belgium, English and Arabic are required
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong IT-skills, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Minimum two years of experience - relevant work experience is a plus
- The right to reside and work in Qatar
- Prove of good conduct
- Written test and oral interview to assess the abovementioned competences
- Date of entry into service: preferably 01/02/2019
- A fixed-term full time contract till 1st August 2019 with a trial period of three months.
- Working schedule: full-time, 7,5 hours per day, five days a week.
- Working hours: 08:30 to 16:00
- Gross salary: 10.001,02 QAR/month
- Social Security: local social security
- Holiday arrangements: 10 days
- Only by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mention "Polyvalent consular and social assistant" in the title
- Motivation letter (1 page) mentioning 2 reference persons (name and contact details)
- Curriculum vitae
- Deadline application: 8th December, close of business (5pm)