Visa for Belgium
All the information concerning visa applications for Belgium is available on the website of the Foreigners Department of the FPS Home Affairs, which is the competent Belgian authority for access to the territory, stay, residence and removal of foreigners in Belgium.
The Embassy of Belgium in the State of Qatar is pleased to announce the opening of Belgian Visa Application Desk at the Joint Visa Application Center in Doha as from October 14th, 2018.
Applicants will have to book appointments through the website of the Visa Application Center (www.vfsglobal.com/Belgium/Qatar/) and lodge their files at the following address:
JOINT VISA APPLICATION CENTER OF VFS IN DOHA
Submission time: from 09:00 am to 16:00 pm
Until 14th October visa application at the Embassy only by appointment.
You can apply for the visa at the Embassy of Belgium only if the main destination of your trip is Belgium or Luxembourg.
Visa applicants must come personally to apply.
How to make an appointment at the Embassy till 14th October:
Please call (+974) 4493 1499 between 9:00 and 10:30 am from Sunday to Thursday, and provide us with the following information:
- full name,
- telephone number,
- date of entry in the Schengen States
- kind of visa required : short stay (business, tourism, visit to family/friends, medical appointment,…) or long stay (studies, family reunion, employment in Belgium/Luxembourg,…).
No appointment will be given at another time or in any other way (mail, at the counter,...).
- Applicants who do not have an appointment will not be allowed to enter the Embassy and will not be able to apply for the visa.
- An appointment is for one person only and lasts 15 minutes. If the application process is not finished within 15 minutes, you will have to make another appointment. So, please have all your documents ready (including the correct amount for the visa fee), the application form duly filled in, dated and signed, and a complete and correct file when you come to the Embassy for your appointment. It is advisable to send an email in advance to the Embassy to ask information about how to prepare your application file.
- The time needed to process the application depends on several factors, among which citizenship, purpose of travel and the documentation provided by the applicant. As a general rule, applications for short term visas should be introduced at least three weeks before the intended day of travel. The number of visa applications in the summer is very high, especially during the month of Ramadan. If you are planning to travel during that time, it is advisable to apply as soon as possible, taking into consideration the fact that a visa can be issued at the earliest 3 months before the date of entry in the Schengen area. For a lot of nationalities, a Schengen authorities check must be done, which can take up to 12 days. Besides, in certain cases, the visa application must be sent to the Immigration Office in Belgium/Luxembourg. This process can take up to 8 weeks.
- If you need information on the documents you have to produce for your visa application, or for any other information, you can send an email to the Embassy: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 appointment = 1 person = 15 minutes
Issued visas can be collected at the visa section of the Embassy every working day between 12.00 PM and 13.00 PM.
New contribution for visa LONG stay - D
Increase of the contribution from 160 € to 200€ and from 215€ to 350€ from 01/03/2017.
Since the 2nd of March 2015, a contribution is required for the processing of certain long stay (D) visa applications.
This contribution can be paid by either the applicant or a third person (family members, acquaintance, sponsor, guarantor, etc.). This contribution should be paid into the account of the Immigration Office in Belgium.
The proof of payment of this contribution needs to be presented at the time of the introduction of the visa application. Should the applicant be unable to provide a proof of payment, the visa application will be deemed inadmissible.
This contribution is to be paid on top of the handling fee of the long stay visa (handling fee = the equivalent of €180 in local currency). The handling fee will still need to be paid at the time of the application. An exemption for the handling fee, does not necessarily imply that one is also exempt for the contribution. We therefore recommend you to carefully consult the website of the Immigration Office with regards to the amount of the contribution and the manner in which this is to be paid.
- Any bank charges or charges related to the transfer will need to be borne by the applicant or whomever performs the transfer.
- In the event that you have not paid the full amount, you will have an additional 30 days to transfer the additional amount. If you do not provide the proof that the full amount was paid within this period, the amount already paid will not be reimbursed and the application will be inadmissible.
- The contribution will likewise not be reimbursed in the event of a refusal of the visa.